Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hey there!

My name is Sabina Stan. I'm one of the artists from Romania and here's what i've done so far. ^.^

My book is made of textile fabric. I thought it's most representative for me, since i'm a textile artist and the cover is an idea i had somewhere last year and i keep doing variations from time to time. :)

waves :D














































Here's what i've done in the book received from Joanne. The pages are inspired by my last year trip in Vienna. I went there to see Lady Gaga's concert and i made myself an outfit for the occasion - a rib cage-like corset covered with spider web.













































This particular page is inspired by my current job. I found a really nice place to work at - an online antique store. So i spend most of my time among old books and i find all sort of things forgotten between their pages, such as the flower used on this page. Once i found a transcript from an US Art College, figure that out. ;P






And some of the pages i've done in Daniela Frumuseanu's book. These are my favorite pages, because they have a very special meaning, since they are inspired by a dear friend of mine. She keeps telling me that she dreams of organizing an exhibition with my art - a fairy themed exhibition, so i did those pages thinking of her. And i'd love to see that come true because i like fairies too and anything that reminds me of childhood - those times when i would spend most of my time in a fantasy world - my very own fantasy world. :D
























This is all from me, so far. I can't wait to see what the rest of you did. I'm really happy to be part of this project because i love communicating through art and know other artists. :D

Hugs from Romania,
Sabina

1 comment:

  1. These are awesome Sabina! I can't wait until the books come to me here in the USA. I love love love the waves! Thanks for submitting to the blog....it's exciting to see what you are doing!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete